Our free Design Studio application supports some multi-language characters, and the simple method for including these characters in an applet is explained in Knowledge Base article #13.
For other character sets, such as Chinese and Arabic, a different method is required. Follow these steps:
- Create your datafile (.INF file) in the usual way, using either Design Studio or your chosen text editor, and Publish or save the result.
- Open the datafile in a text editor that supports Unicode, such as Windows Notepad.
- For any parameters that should display Unicode text, enter that text manually.
- Choose Save As in your text editor, set the 'Save as type' to Unicode, and save the datafile.
- Use this Unicode version of the datafile with the applet. No changes are needed to the applet's HTML code or non-text parameters.
Search the Knowledge Base
Browse the Knowledge Base